Simply Click on the Article that You’d Like to Learn More About!
- International Child Abduction – Find out what happens when one parent kidnaps the child to another country (The Hague Convention). Can you get them back or punish that parent?
- Foreign Marriage Contracts – This article discusses something that is quite common for immigrants to the U.S. : marriage contracts. Are they binding? Can a Texas court acknowledge them when considering your Texas divorce? Learn more.
- Can a Texas Court Divide Property Located in Another Country?
- What is the UCCJEA?
- When Will the UCCJEA Apply?
- When a Court Enforces a Order from Another State
- What Happens When the Same Suit has Been filed in More than One County?
- Modification Jurisdiction for a UCCJEA Case (Diagram) – Find out the proper place to file your Modification case.
- SAPCR Case Jurisdiction (Diagram) – Find out the proper place to file your Suit Affecting Parent-Child Relationship case.
- What Happens in a UCCJEA Case When the Child is Out of State?