Simply Click on the Article that You’d Like to Learn More About!
Jurisdiction : Which Court Has Power?
- Determining Child Custody Jurisdiction – This article will provide information regarding where you should file your child custody case and which court would have jurisdiction.
- Conflicting Orders : Which Court Decides? – Sometimes more than one court makes a ruling on the same case. Find out which court will get to make the final decisions.
Rights to Children
- Do Stepparents Have Rights? – Find out if stepparents have rights to visitation or access to a child after the marriage is over.
- Do Grandparents Have Rights ?– Find out if grandparents have standing to sue for custody, visitation, and/or access.
Getting and Keeping Custody
- Find out if your Recent DWI/DUI will have an Impact on Whether or Not You Get Custody.
- Will You Win Custody? (Chart) – This is a chart that asks a series of ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions to help you determine whether or not you are likely to win your custody case.
- How Does a Court Decide Who Gets Custody? – This article will discuss some of the factors that courts consider when deciding which parent should get custody.
Moving Parents & Children
- Relocation of a Custodial Parent – Find out what happens when the parent with custody relocates with the child.
- Moving Your Children to Another School After Splitting Up – Is it a good idea? Can you stop the other party from moving the children’s school? Find out here.
Parental Alienation & Child Abuse
- What is Parental Alienation Syndrome?
- Diagnosing Parental Alienation
- An Introduction to Child Abuse (Signs, Punishment, Treatment, etc.)